2019 ---- Giddy Up!

2019 ---- Giddy Up!

All my life I have been more on the Magikal side.  Since the time I started seeing ghosts and communicating with sprits as a child, to my first tarot deck when I was a teen, until present time, I have been practicing Magik.

I have often used this fact as a reason for why I've never been good at "muggle skills".  You know, the normal things one must do to decently get by in the world.  (If you saw dead people it might be hard for you to concentrate, too). Things like paying bills on time, budgeting, car registration, keeping a steady muggle job, office work of any kind, correspondence, etc... have always been challenging for me.

Being totally transparent, there are other reasons for this as well.  I have struggled with pretty extreme anxiety and depression since I was a teenager, I had a few adverse childhood experiences (which does affect brain development), and honestly, I've just never really enjoyed doing any of those things.  I would much rather be creating altars, doing rituals, being outdoors, doing psychic work with others, and playing with my Magikal friends (both seen and unseen).

But this year, 2019, I am challenging myself to relate to the outside world in a new way!  Beginning to learn a new type of Magik, the Magik of excelling on the many levels I need to in order to grow and truly show up in the world the way I want.

I have already started teaching myself wonderful things... like Google docs and sheets (which are actually really cool and helpful)!  I made a year long budget, started a new job, worked at the computer for countless hours (and actually got things accomplished),  registered my car, paid my bills, caught up on communications with others, and am in the process of creating an LLC for my business... 

Doing these types of things feels gooooood!  

And the best thing is I haven't had to sacrifice any of my other talents or activities in order to  do them.  I have chosen to see "muggle skills" as "Magikal Skills".

So if you are one of the folks like me, tending to the Magik and being challenged by the mundane, see if you can shift your relationship to your tasks at hand.  I am learning (slowly but surely) that if I want to do BIG things in the world, I have to learn how to be in it first.

In the words of true Texan, 2019 ---- Giddy Up!  

PS* If you're interested in a little Magikal guidance to help you giddy up your new year, check out my website at www.wisemoontarot.com and contact me! 

Magikally,

Trendy Witch 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Love

Imbolc and Spring Cleaning

How To Make Sh*t Happen